Mail Archive Home | oscar List | June 2004 Index

¿Little bug in oscar's packageadmin impl?

Hi there!!

I 've discovered that the PackageAdminImpl doesn't fire a framework
event if no packages need refreshing when you invoke the "refresh"
command (or equivalently the service's refreshPackages() method).
However, the spec says that "6. A framework event of type
FrameworkEvent.PACKAGES_REFRESHED is brodcast (page 136)"
I understand that that includes even if no packages need refreshing.
What do you think?
If I am right, the patch is very straithgfordward: In Oscar.java, line
1344, instead of:
if (targets == null)
            {
                return;
            }
should say:
if (targets == null)
            {
                fireFrameworkEvent(FrameworkEvent.PACKAGES_REFRESHED,
                        getBundle(0), null);

                return;
            }