Re: whiteboard

Hi Matrim, Stefano
the first reference (maybe not the best) returned by
a quick search in the Web:

I think the whiteboard metaphor has not been introduced
in OSGi specification because it is largely used in IT.
Also JavaSpaces technology is another realization of
"tuples spaces" (1982) based on the idea of shared
space to allow interprocess communication between
anonymous entities.

francesco

Matrim Cauthon wrote:
Hello,

I get another couple of questions.
What exactly is the OSGi Whiteboard model? I read about it several times in the specification but didn't find out what this is.
I think that it refers to 4.18 OSGi Specification