De : Richard S. Hall [mailto:heavy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mercredi 23 février 2005 14:53
À : GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE
Cc : oscar
Objet : Re: [oscar] New HTTP Shell bundle

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE wrote:

>For those who maintain a private repository for home developped bundles
>(like we do here at France Telecom Grenoble), and thus redefine
>oscar.repository.url to contain several repository urls (our own repository
>and oscars' standard repository).
>
>We have to update obr
>AND
>We must replace in our oscar.repository.url property
>        http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/repo/repository.xml
>with
>       http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/repository.xml
>
>Am I right ?

Yes, you are correct. However, see below.

>Also, is there a change in the repository.xml syntax ? I guess not.

There was a slight change, I added a <repository> tag, like this:

  <repository>
    <name>Oscar Bundle Repository</name>
    <url>http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/</url>
    <date>Fri May 07 16:45:07 CEST 2004</date>
    <extern-repositories>
      <url>http://domoware.isti.cnr.it/osgi-obr/niche-osgi-obr.xml</url>
      <url>http://jmood.forge.os4os.org/repository.xml</url>
    </extern-repositories>
  </repository>

This tag identifies the repository and adds the ability for the repository to
link to external repositories. As I mentioned before, this was a quick
attempt to address some issues that we were having with making independent
repositories visible in/on OBR, but also having them be independently
managed. This is only a small step toward supporting multiple, independent
repositories.

Currently, OBR will only parse one level of external repositories, but it is
programmed so that in the future we can recurse an arbitrary number of hops;
thus, we might have a federation of repositories, where each repository
references other repositories. However, this must wait until other features
are implemented, but at least it is a start.

For now, given your situation, you can use this <extern-repositories> tag to
create your own top-level repository file that links to OBR and any other
repository XML file, then just set your oscar.repository.url property to
point to this new top-level repository file. It will automatically merge all
of the referenced URLs. Then you only need to edit the XML file to add
bundles/repositories to your local OBR instances.

Does that make sense?