Mail Archive Home | oscar List | Febuary 2005 Index

Re: [oscar] New obr

Regarding OBR docs, that is probably my fault, since I didn't do a very good job of documenting the changes. OBR started out as a quick hack, but it still surprises me that people use it pretty seriously. :-) In future updates, I will try to keep this in mind better. Sorry.

Regarding mirroring OBR, there is no specific support for this. It seems like it might be possible to somewhat automate it by using some sort of web site crawler to crawl the OBR main page and save what it finds, but other than that, I don't have an idea.

-> richard

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE wrote:

That sounds perfect. I am sorry I did not read the previous message that explained all
that. Wouldn't it be worthfull to mention this in the "Bundle Repository
Changes" web page ? I guess it is part of the changes from version 1.1.0 to 1.1.1,
which are not listed on the web page.

I have now a new question concerning obr : is there a way to build a local copy of a
given bundle repository in an "automated" way (something like a mirror) ?
More precisely, the practical usage : we would like to use obr for deployment on machines having no access to Internet. Thus, I have built a copy of the oscar-osgi.sf.net obr more or less by hand, onto a local machine that can be connected to Internet AND to the local network. I would like to automate this process.
Thank you for your help,

Anne