Mail Archive Home | oscar List | Febuary 2005 Index

Off the wall suggestion on OBR

Ok, I should caveat this by saying that I haven't used OBR much myself - so as well as off-the-wall, this could be plain daft!

I was trawling some unrelated projects when a thought struck me regarding the "federated OBR repositories" discussions of late. It occured to me that maybe one future way to support this would be via some form of P2P approach, with the current main OBR still being an initial/central OBR but allowing other, distributed OBRs to either mirror or provide additional bundle content. One obvious technology here would be JXTA, although I noticed there's also an emule client on java.net which perhaps could serve, I'd guess there are other OS java projects too.

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@xxxxxxxxxx
+44 (0)20 7488 3470