From: Rob Walker [mailto:robw@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 12:21 PM
To: Szabolcs Tahin
Cc: oscar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [oscar] need info - servlet, RMI, SOAP...

Hi Szabolcs

I'd definitely  recommend looking at XMLRPC as well - think of  it as a  light, fast SOAP, with a more limited set of datatypes (String is included) but much less infrastructure plumbing required. Unlike RMI it's firewall friendly, using HTTP as it's transport.

-- Rob

Szabolcs Tahin wrote:
Hi to all,

my intention is to get an applet communicate with my bundle (the applet is
also in the bundle). Require to transmit String objects only. I had been
trying with servlet, it`s ok, but I guess there are another possibilities,
too, maybe more 'nicer'. Unfortunately I can`t get RMI work. I also know about
SOAP.

So my question - what way do you propose - servlet, RMI, SOAP or another one?

Thank you in advance!
Szabolcs