Re: [oscar] Bundle Development

Hello,

I started with Oscar just a few days ago. I would recommend downloading the R3 specification and studying the chapter about the framework.
http://www.osgi.org/osgi_technology/download_specs.asp?section=2
It will give the a picture of how everything fits together and I found it well written. The class loading/resolving info was very important for me.

For an IDE, I have settled on running Oscar in a shell, creating bundles in Eclipse for convienient error checking, and I have an Ant build file which builds the bundles. Every time I add something new to a bundle or fix something, I just run Ant, and then use the 'update' command in the shell. It is like magic :)

-Ed