Mail Archive Home | oscar List | April 2005 Index

Re: [oscar] Get a ressource from another bundle

Brahim

What could be the problem is that resources access from other bundles uses the same rules as classes i.e. to access a resource from another bundle, you'll need a pair of Export-Package and Import-Package headers for the package dir of the resource.

Regards

-- Rob

Brahim Ait elhaj wrote:
hi
I'd like to get the url of an xml file situated in a bundle from another one. I use  context.getBundle().getResource(XML_FILE) the returned url seems like this :  bundle://14.0/pitask.xml (which is correct) but when i use this url from the other bundle to get this resource i have a null pointer exception. Why ? Shoud i use getResourceAsStream() method ? I tried returning a file object and got the same problem

Thanks to help me !