Mail Archive Home | oscar List | April 2005 Index

Re: [oscar] Exported package not exported

And it was something really silly on my part. Another thing to add to my "When things go wrong" list :)
In case anyone else has the problems I described here it is:
I refactored some code, removing some packages from a bundle to a new bundle. I forgot to modify the old Export-Package in the original bundle manifest. So it still claimed to export the packages and so the new bundle couldn't export the same package. So I guess these exports aren't checked to be true - seems I have a little integrity check service to write. Hmm, OSGi-Lint :)

-Edward

Edward Povazan wrote:
Hello,

I am stumped. I have this line
Export-Package: com.ticktonic.runtime, com.ticktonic.command
in my manifest. The bundle is installed and started.

-> ps
START LEVEL 4
   ID   State         Level  Name
[  14] [Active     ] [    4] TickTonic Runtime (1.0)

-> headers 14
Export-Package = com.ticktonic.runtime, com.ticktonic.command

-> packages 14
TickTonic Runtime (14)
No active exported packages.

I checked that I am using my latest jar, uninstalled/reinstalled etc etc. And I am not even sleepy :) so what am I missing?

Thanks for any hints as I am stuck right now, since my project needs its runtime!

-Edward