Re: [oscar] Apache Oscar project has formally entered the Incubator

I don't exactly know how smoothly this transition will go for me, but for everyone else it should go smoothly I hope.

The one way I can help in that is that I will continue to read and monitor the current Oscar mailing list for the foreseeable future, so feel free to keep using it.

-> richard

Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

I am happy to announce that the Apache Oscar OSGi proposal has been formally approved by the Apache Software Foundation Incubator Project Management Committee (PMC).

1)  You may view the SVN repository here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oscar/

and perform a Subversion checkout using:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oscar/

Note that there is currently nothing in there except a standard SVN layout.

2) We have established a list for discussions. Unless your comment is directed to the general Incubator community or the Incubator PMC, please post everything to:

oscar-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can subscribe by sending an email to

oscar-dev-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oscar-dev-subscribe-john=host.domain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3) I recommend signing up for the mailing list at this time, as I and other involved parties at Apache intend to begin exclusively using the oscar-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list for Apache Oscar matters. I intend for this to be my last post to this mailing list, but I can not speak for Richard on this and I leave it to him to discuss further use of the Objectweb Oscar infrastructure.

4) If you are interested in granting existing code or joining the project as a committer, doing so is governed by well-established procedures at Apache. I refer you to the document "How the ASF works":

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

5) Our next steps are to complete paperwork to have Richard begin committing the Oscar development line, as well as begin committing code related to OSGi developed elsewhere at Apache. We will also be bringing online additional infrastructure, in particular the standard ASF wiki, the JIRA issue tracking system, SVN repo commit notifications by email, and the static website for this project. Further announcements, such as related to the aforementioned infrastructure, will be made to the oscar-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list.

Enrique