Re: [oscar] Problems with URLStreamHandlerService

Niclas,

Yes, Oscar didn't include the URL Handlers service by default, instead this was installed separately if you wanted it. From my point of view, this was a feature because it allowed people that were embedding Oscar to set their own stream handler if they wanted to do so.

However, I have since realized that this approach might no longer be possible. In actuality, Oscar 1.0.5 has broken the urlhandlers.jar bundle, which implements the URL Handlers service. The breakage occurred because I added support for ClassLoader.getResources() and had to change Oscar's bundle: URL format to do so. The only way to fix it, is to incorporate the service back into the framework...which is unfortunate.

Further, the R4 spec will include various changes that dictate how resource handling should be done, so this will further necessitate URL Handlers being included in the core...so, expect this area to change before too long in Oscar 2.0 then you will get the behavior you were expecting I think.

-> richard