Re: [oscar] Uninstall of System Bundles

On Friday 29 July 2005 09:39, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> is it correct that bundles that are listed in the activation list of
> Oscar's constructor can not be uninstalled?

No. Every bundle you install can be uninstalled again.

> Or could it be that something else is hanging around preventing the system
> from unload?? For instance, I *am* in the middle of "start-up", and
> something went wrong which prompt the immediate shutdown.

That could well be, hard to tell...

> Related; When starting Oscar from commandline, I get a "System Bundle" on
> Id=0, which says it exports the Framework itself, packageadmin and
> startlevel. It looks like a "must have". Is this a bundle I need to make
> part of the initial activator list for the Oscar constructor or will Oscar
> append that automatically?

The system bundle is the only bundle that is a bit different from the rest.
It
is automatically installed and you cannot stop or uninstall it. Or rather, if
you stop it, the framework stops. This behaviour is mandated by the OSGi
spec, so you can find more details about the system bundle there.

Greetings, Marcel