Re: [oscar] More Startup blues...

What you describe sounds like you are doing the correct thing, but there may be some hidden issue.

If you want to send me the bundles and the steps to recreate, I will take a quick look at it.

-> richard

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

This little annoying exception is creating some headaches;

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/drools/FactException
       at org.ops4j.silk.SilkActivator.start(SilkActivator.java:43)
at org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar.startBundleWithStartLevel(Oscar.java:1831)
       at org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar.setStartLevelInternal(Oscar.java:829)
       at org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar.initialize(Oscar.java:628)
       at org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar.<init>(Oscar.java:365)
at org.ops4j.silk.boot.CliBootOscarBundleActivator.<init>(CliBootOscarBundleActivator.java:64)
       at org.ops4j.silk.boot.Main.main(Main.java:35)

The SilkActivator.start() instantiates a class that uses the FactException, which is in the Jar for the Silk Bundle.

Silk Bundle is not part of my bootstrap, and is handled through a simple;

       InputStream in = url.openStream();
       Bundle bundle = null;
       try
       {
           bundle = m_BundleContext.installBundle( url.toString(), in );
           bundle.start();
       }
       catch( BundleException e )

If I load the same bundle via the Oscar Shell (after a normal oscar.sh start), it works.

Any ideas what can be missing in the bootstrap system for this to happen?

Cheers
Niclas