Mail Archive Home | oscar List | October 2005 Index

Re: [oscar] Why R4 removes some specification related to JINI?

Precisely.

However, this doesn't mean that you should give up on Jini + OSGi...it
still makes sense to try to combine the two, so keep working around it.
The only issue was that there were no OSGi Alliance members willing (or
with the resources) to push it. More research and activity in this area
could always lead to more support in the future.

-> richard

BOTTARO Andre RD-MAPS-GRE wrote:

I talked to BJ Hargrave about it at the OSGi Congress. He told me that there
was no real support for this part of the spec. On the contrary the connection
between UPnP and OSGi gained tremendous momentum. So UPnP is kept and Jini is
abandoned... These two specifications were only recommendations in R3.

André