Mail Archive Home | oscar List | October 2005 Index

Re: [oscar] Resolving and Wiring in R4

Nico Goeminne wrote:

All right, one more follow up on this issue,

My concern is that the same set of bundles deployed on the same platform can
sometimes be resolved, or not resolved, depending on the deployment order of
the bundles, this could lead to hard to manage deployment issues. A forced
refresh on all the bundles (even the once that need no refresh) could solve
most of these inconstancy problems.

As I said, order has always been important when it comes to incremental deployment to the framework. The idea with the R4 resolver is that a given set of bundles once installed should resolve in a similar fashion to R3, if possible.