Mail Archive Home | oscar List | October 2005 Index

RE: [oscar] Re: Http Service

Rob Walker writes:

>The HttpService itself doesn't - it basically adds a "OSGi" conformance

>layer on top of Jetty.

>In fact we do very little in terms of underlying connection handling,

>that's all basic Jetty. So at a guess, if Jetty has this feature it

>should still work in our OSGi Http service.

Rob,

I just did some research and yes, Jetty supports a configurable thread pool and customizable database connection pooling. That’s excellent! However, I’m curious as to what was the approach taken to add the “OSGi conformance” you mentioned.  What will it take for example, to make the underlying servlet container pluggable? Did this require any tweaking on the Jetty side?

Regards.

-- rick