Mail Archive Home | oscar List | October 2005 Index

RE: [oscar] Re: Http Service

Rob Walker wrote:

>All in all, none of the above took much code - just a bit of mind bending to figure how to do it.

Rob,

Thanks for all the helpful information.  It sounds like a lot of mental effort went into implementing the service.  I’m aware that Jetty is sufficient in many cases.  However, we might have some customer sites that want to stay with their current servlet servers like Tomcat.  Will a generic http service be a future direction for your bundle?

P.S.  In the last OSGi Alliance congress, there was a presentation on infusing OSGi technology into a J2EE container (JOnAS).  But what I’d like to see is the ability to control the servlet or J2EE container within the OSGi framework which is the other way around. Any comments will be appreciated.

- rick