Mail Archive Home | oscar List | December 2005 Index

Re: [oscar] CBSE 2006

Rick Litton wrote:
Thanks Richard.  I might take you up on that (the short paper).  Just
need to get my company's ok, see up to what I can divulge, etc.

Great. Real world experience reports as well as research results are both appreciated.

Any tips you may want to share at this time?  I've done a couple of
refereed papers in the past.

I don't have any tips per se.

Just try to find a topic that illustrates non-obvious and interesting solutions for real problems using component-oriented approaches. In the OSGi world, this often involves issues around deployment or dynamic configuration.

For experience reports, you want to focus on how you have applied component-oriented [research] concepts in real world situations and describe the general lessons learned from the experience that could be used to help other people in their efforts and to drive further research.