Mail Archive Home | oscar List | December 2005 Index

RE: [oscar] CBSE 2006

Excellent tips.  Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard S. Hall [mailto:heavy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 12:14 PM
To: oscar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [oscar] CBSE 2006

Rick Litton wrote:
> Thanks Richard.  I might take you up on that (the short paper).  Just
> need to get my company's ok, see up to what I can divulge, etc.

Great. Real world experience reports as well as research results are
both appreciated.

> Any tips you may want to share at this time?  I've done a couple of
> refereed papers in the past.

I don't have any tips per se.

Just try to find a topic that illustrates non-obvious and interesting
solutions for real problems using component-oriented approaches. In the
OSGi world, this often involves issues around deployment or dynamic
configuration.

For experience reports, you want to focus on how you have applied
component-oriented [research] concepts in real world situations and
describe the general lessons learned from the experience that could be
used to help other people in their efforts and to drive further
research.