Mail Archive Home | oscar List | December 2005 Index

Multiple instances of same class?

Hello!

If I have:

public interface SomeInterface
{
}

and

public class SomeClass implements SomeInterface
{
}

Is it possible that, during runtime:

(SomeClass instanceof SomeInterface) can still return false?

If so, how can I avoid this?

In effect, this is exactly what is happening to me, and I am suspecting that it has to do with classloaders and the possibility that, although the statement should be true, the JVM is testing against a different instance of the interface, so does not return what I expect.

Any light shed on this would be most useful.

Thanks!
Dave