Mail Archive Home | oscar List | January 2006 Index

[Oscar][Http service] Basic HTTP authentication support ?

Hello.

What is the better way to set up client authentication for the http service ? Our first idea is to use the Basic Http protocol, and handle the login and password control in our servlet, extracting the basic header, and checking the client identity against a custom record.

Does the embedded Jetty provide facilities to do that ? I suppose that in a more usual J2EE environment it does it, but how can we reproduce a simplified security declarative mode (constraint, authentication mode, etc.) in the OSGi case ?

If someone has already an example, his or her help is welcome.

Thanks !

--

Ephemeris Lappis