Re: [oscar] Oscar hangs while creating cache

I've verified this, and these are the contents of the lib/ directory:

/mnt # ls lib
moduleloader.jar   oscar.jar          osgi.jar
system.properties

The contents of the system.properties file are the following:

/mnt # cat lib/system.properties
oscar.auto.start.1=file:bundle/shell.jar file:bundle/shelltui.jar \
    file:bundle/bundlerepository.jar

I have not copied over anything else than the Oscar/lib/ directory. To
start Oscar, I run

/mnt # mika -jar lib/oscar.jar

(mika is a Java Virtual Machine for our platform).

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 08:56 -0500, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> My first guess is that Oscar cannot find the system.properties file,
> which is typically located in the same directory as the oscar.jar file.
> If it cannot be found here, then it tries the current directory.
>
> If Oscar cannot find this file, then it cannot find the auto-start
> property, which tells it which bundles to automatically start; thus, you
> end up with no shell which can look like a deadlock, but it is not.

David Lindelöf
Product Developer
Adhoco AG
Technopark
Jagerstrasse 2
8406 Winterhur
tel +41-52-203.2903
mob +41-79-415.6641
fax +41-52-203.2904
e-mail david.lindelof@xxxxxxxxxx
url http://www.adhoco.com
weblog http://visnet.ch/~lindelof/smartbuildings/

The most dangerous food is wedding cake.
                -- American proverb