Re: [oscar] Disadvantages

Hello Rob,

Rob Walker wrote:

I can report that this is very achievable and works in practice - we have some commercially sensitive areas of our production application which are obfuscated.

Thanks for the comprehensive list of things to look out for!

We found Zelix was flexible and configurable enough to meet all these needs - although I'm sure others might be up to the task too. The Manifest "munging" is the key part that is needed for OSGi use.

In a non-OSGi project we have had very good experiences with Zelix too, so it's nice to hear it works for OSGi. Ideally, you would like to completely automate the obfuscation in Ant. Do you have any specific tips that?

Greetings, Marcel