Re: [oscar] Oscar hangs while creating cache

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:49 -0500, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Seems like the first task would be to try to figure out precisely why
> the above exception is being thrown. That exception is being thrown in
> Oscar.java when the framework is initializing (search for
> "re-installing"), so try to print out the stack trace to see what the
> actual exception is and who is throwing it.

I've modified the source and this is what I get:

Welcome to Oscar.
=================

*** Start of stack trace
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    instance method getPersistentStateUnchecked()I of class {Application
Class L
oader}org.ungoverned.oscar.util.DefaultBundleArchive pc = 55
    instance method getPersistentState()I of class {Application Class
Loader}org
.ungoverned.oscar.util.DefaultBundleArchive pc = 45
    instance method initialize(Ljava/util/List;)V of class {Application
Class Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar pc = 442
    instance method <init>(Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/List;)V of
class {Application Class Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar pc = 343
    instance method <init>()V of class {Application Class
Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar pc = 3
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class {Application Class
Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Main pc = 136
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class {Application Class
Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Main pc = 0
    instance method
invoke0(Ljava/lang/Object;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object; of
class java.lang.reflect.Method (native method)
    instance method
invoke(Ljava/lang/Object;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object; of class
java.lang.reflect.Method pc = 58
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class wonka.vm.Init pc =
703
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class wonka.vm.Init pc =
0
*** End of stack trace
Oscar: Exception while re-installing file://mybundle.jar

I have also noticed that the file

cache/adhoco/bundle16/bundle.state

is empty after starting, stopping bundle 16, and shutting down the
framework.

Are there any security checks you carry out before writing to the
filesystem? I've always been a bit suspicious of our virtual machine and
some parts of the Java language might well be badly implemented...

Thanks in advance for your help,
David Lindelöf
Product Developer
Adhoco AG
Technopark
Jagerstrasse 2
8406 Winterhur
tel +41-52-203.2903
mob +41-79-415.6641
fax +41-52-203.2904
e-mail david.lindelof@xxxxxxxxxx
url http://www.adhoco.com
weblog http://visnet.ch/~lindelof/smartbuildings/

If you are not for yourself, who will be for you?
If you are for yourself, then what are you?
If not now, when?