Re: [oscar] Oscar hangs while creating cache

David Lindelöf wrote:
I've modified the source and this is what I get:

Welcome to Oscar.
=================

*** Start of stack trace
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    instance method getPersistentStateUnchecked()I of class {Application
Class L
oader}org.ungoverned.oscar.util.DefaultBundleArchive pc = 55
    instance method getPersistentState()I of class {Application Class
Loader}org
.ungoverned.oscar.util.DefaultBundleArchive pc = 45
    instance method initialize(Ljava/util/List;)V of class {Application
Class Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar pc = 442
    instance method <init>(Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/List;)V of
class {Application Class Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar pc = 343
    instance method <init>()V of class {Application Class
Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Oscar pc = 3
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class {Application Class
Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Main pc = 136
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class {Application Class
Loader}org.ungoverned.oscar.Main pc = 0
    instance method
invoke0(Ljava/lang/Object;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object; of
class java.lang.reflect.Method (native method)
    instance method
invoke(Ljava/lang/Object;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object; of class
java.lang.reflect.Method pc = 58
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class wonka.vm.Init pc =
703
    static method main([Ljava/lang/String;)V of class wonka.vm.Init pc =
0
*** End of stack trace
Oscar: Exception while re-installing file://mybundle.jar

This is strange, but it might make sense that it is getting an NPE if the bundle.state file is empty, because it assumes that the file has some value if it exists.

I have also noticed that the file

cache/adhoco/bundle16/bundle.state

is empty after starting, stopping bundle 16, and shutting down the
framework.

This is strange. Combined with the above, it explains why bundles are not being re-started I would think. Maybe this explains why you can start the framework properly when creating the profile on your PC, since it correctly creates the profile, which can then be read correctly on your device. Maybe the profile is getting corrupted on your device.

Are there any security checks you carry out before writing to the
filesystem? I've always been a bit suspicious of our virtual machine and
some parts of the Java language might well be badly implemented...

If security is enabled, then security checks are happening, but given the stack trace above, I would say that security is not enabled.