Re: [oscar] Oscar and transactions

On Oscar, bundle installation is serialized using a single lock, so only one would win.

This is slightly changed in Felix, where it is possible for multiple bundle installations to proceed in parallel, but with a critical region at the beginning that verifies that the location is unique and a critical region at the end to add the new bundle to the installed list.

-> richard

Virginie Legrand wrote:
Hi all,
I just have a question about the way bundles are installed on the framework.

What happen when I try to perform two  bundle  installation  on  the
same  framework at the same time ? (for instance from the Oscar local
Shell and from a telnet access).
Is there any transaction mecanism that allow to avoid an unconsistent
state  ? Or are the bundles installed sequentially ?

Cheers,
Virginie