Re: [oscar] Oscar hangs while creating cache

Hi Richard,

Just wanted to let you know that thanks to your help I've been able to
narrow down the causes of my little problems.

I was unable to start Oscar on my platform because my virtual machine
did not properly set the java.class.path property. Therefore, Oscar was
unable to find where oscar.jar was located, and could not find the
system.properties file in the same folder.

The state of the bundles was not set properly because Oscar uses a
BufferedWriter to write the bundle state. But my virtual machine does
not write out to files with the BufferedWriter until a call to
BufferedWriter.flush() is made (even though the close() method is
called... don't ask).

So THANKS A LOT for your pointers, I've got plenty of ammo now to go up
against my JVM vendor. We'll ask you to put on a wig and be the
prosecutor :-)

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 08:38 -0500, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> This is strange. Combined with the above, it explains why bundles are
> not being re-started I would think. Maybe this explains why you can
> start the framework properly when creating the profile on your PC, since
> it correctly creates the profile, which can then be read correctly on
> your device. Maybe the profile is getting corrupted on your device.

David Lindelöf
Product Developer
Adhoco AG
Technopark
Jagerstrasse 2
8406 Winterhur
tel +41-52-203.2903
mob +41-79-415.6641
fax +41-52-203.2904
e-mail david.lindelof@xxxxxxxxxx
url http://www.adhoco.com
weblog http://visnet.ch/~lindelof/smartbuildings/

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honour.
                -- Psalms 18:12