Mail Archive Home | oscar List | December 2006 Index

asynchronous event notification services

Hello,

I have performed a search on the archive looking for a thread about this
issue, but found nothing, so I hope nobody has already asked about it.

I am developing using Oscar framework.
In my system I need an asynchronous event notification system and I found
Notification Service bundle in the official reporsitory.

The problem is that the event notification is performed synchronously and it
is very important to be Asynchronous (different thread handling). In the
documentation it literally says that "This service allows bundles to access
asynchronous event notification services when the security manager is
enabled". Therefore I enabled the security manager launching the framework
with

java -Djava.security.manager
         -Djava.security.policy=example.policy
         -Dlib.dir=lib
         -jar lib/oscar.jar

When I check it with

if (System.getSecurityManager() != null){
}

in one of my bundles I get positive answer regarding security manager
activation, however, sadly, the event notification is still synchronous.

What can I do to enable asynchronous feature?

Thanks in advance

Eguzki