Mail Archive Home | oscar List | April 2007 Index

Newbie: OSGi

Hi all,

I am new to OSGi so bare with me J

I have a couple of Questions:

  1. What are the prerequisites for running OSGi bundles?
    Does it require the JVM to bootstrap the bundles directly? Or is it possible to load the OSGi within an existing JVM (in my own main() function)?
  2. I am developing a web application and running it on a Tomcat 5.5 server
    I found the following link: http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/http_in_container.php and couldn't figure out whether its possible or not to load OSGi bundles under an already existing web application?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf