Mail Archive Home | oscar List | April 2007 Index

Re: [oscar] [HTTPService] dynamic servlet mapping

It sounds like this should be possible if you read the HTTP Service spec:

The Http Service must repeat this process until either a match is found or
the sub-string is an empty string. If the sub-string is empty and the alias "/" is registered, the request is considered to match the alias "/". Otherwise, the
Http Service must return HttpServletResponse.SC_NOT_FOUND(404) to
the client.

For example, an HTTP request comes in with a request URI of "/fudd/bugs/
foo.txt", and the only registered alias is "/fudd". A search for "/fudd/bugs/ foo.txt" will not match an alias. Therefore, the Http Service will search for the alias "/fudd/bugs" and the alias "/fudd". The latter search will result in a
match and the matched alias registration must be used.

-> richard

fabien.couble@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the standard OSGI HTTP service for a oscar based
application but I'm faced to a problem. In fact, I have to create a servlet
with a dynamic URL i.e. whatever URL is called (http://x.x.x.x/hi or
http://x.x.x.x/bye) I want to call the same servlet. Moreover the point is I
can't predict the URL.
Do you know if it is possible to create dynamic servlet mapping with the
standard HTTP service or do I have to implement my own HTTP service?

Thx for your reponses...
Regards Fabien