Mail Archive Home | oscar List | April 2007 Index

Re: [oscar] Newbie: OSGi

asaf.lahav wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to OSGi so bare with me J

I have a couple of Questions:

   1. What are the prerequisites for running OSGi bundles?
      Does it require the JVM to bootstrap the bundles directly? Or is
      it possible to load the OSGi within an existing JVM (in my own
      main() function)?

You can do it either way.

  1.

   2. I am developing a web application and running it on a Tomcat 5.5
      server
      I found the following link:
      http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/http_in_container.php and
      couldn't figure out whether its possible or not to load OSGi
      bundles under an already existing web application?

I don't know anything about it, but people have worked with OSGi in web applications.

-> richard

  1.

Thanks in advance,

Asaf