Mail Archive Home | oscar List | April 2007 Index

Oscar & OW2

I have been informed that the Oscar project will eventually go away if it is not migrated from ObjectWeb to the new consortium OW2. If Oscar were to migrate to OW2, then it would just be maintained as an "archive" project.

I don't really see much of a need to migrate Oscar to OW2 since Oscar's development lives on in Apache Felix.

Felix has graduated to a top-level Apache project, so it seems that any remaining Oscar hold-outs are in a good position to move to Felix...or at least will be soon, since we should release 1.0 in the next couple months.

The process of moving from Oscar to Felix is fairly straightforward, but feel free to contact me with any issues or concerns.