From: "Luc Girardin" <luc.girardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <proactive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 5:15 PM
Subject: [proactive] ConstructionOfProxyObjectFailedException

> Hello!
>
> I am using ProActive to enable RePast (http://repast.sourceforge.net)
> to perform distributed simulations. It is an extension to the work
> done by Tom Howe few months ago.
>
> ProActive sends the all classes over the network just fine.
> Unfortunately, there is just one that ProActive seems to have problem
> digesting, the Introspector class. You can see source of this file at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/repast/repast/src/uchicago/sr
c/reflector/Introspector.java?rev=1.8&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> If I manually copy the classes to the various nodes, then everything
> works just fine and ProActive is able to generate the stub for the
> introspector. You will find below the stack trace of the exception
> that is thrown:
>
> ClassServer sent class ...
> ClassServer sent class uchicago.src.sim.engine.PropertyEvent successfully
> ClassServer sent class uchicago.src.reflector.MethodFactory successfully
> ClassServer sent class uchicago.src.sim.engine.PropertyListener
successfully
> ClassServer sent class uchicago.src.collection.Pair successfully
> Class can't be found e=java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
uchicago.src.reflector.Introspector
> org.objectweb.proactive.core.mop.ConstructionOfProxyObjectFailedException:
Class can't be found
> e=java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: uchicago.src.reflector.Introspector
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.ProActive.createStubObject(ProActive.java:1325)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.ProActive.createStubObject(ProActive.java:1314)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.ProActive.turnActive(ProActive.java:483)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.ProActive.turnActive(ProActive.java:406)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.ProActive.turnActive(ProActive.java:368)
>         at
uchicago.src.sim.engine.RemoteBatchController.setModelParameters(RemoteBatch
Controller.java:129)
>         at
uchicago.src.sim.engine.RemoteBatchController.setModel(RemoteBatchController
.java:108)
>         at
uchicago.src.sim.engine.RemoteBatchController.setModelClass(RemoteBatchContr
oller.java:176)
)
>         at
.java:25)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.core.mop.MethodCall.execute(MethodCall.java:278)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.request.RequestImpl.serveInternal(RequestI
mpl.java:123)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.request.RequestImpl.serve(RequestImpl.java
:87)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.BodyImpl$ActiveLocalBodyStrategy.serve(Bod
yImpl.java:263)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.AbstractBody.serve(AbstractBody.java:279)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.ActiveBody$FIFORunActive.runActivity(Activ
eBody.java:217)
>         at
org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.ActiveBody.run(ActiveBody.java:145)
> ClassServer sent class uchicago.src.sim.engine.BatchController$1
successfully
> ClassServer sent class cern.jet.random.Normal successfully
> ClassServer sent class ch.ethz.geosim2.phase.shock.TaxationShockStrategy
successfully
> ClassServer sent class
ch.ethz.geosim2.actor.behavior.decisions.DemocraticDecisionStrategy
successfully
> ClassServer sent class
ch.ethz.geosim2.phase.structuralchange.SimpleStructuralChangeStrategy
successfully