Mail Archive Home | proactive List | November 2005 Index

Re: [proactive] NotSerializableException Problem?

Hi Hamid,
In fact, you try to call a remote method with a non serializable parameter.
This parameter is a java.lang.ThreadLocal  an object  containing this Thread.
If you can, try to stop this thread before calling the method and start it after.

Cheers,
Marc

Hamid Mahmood, Organisch-Chemisches Inst. wrote:
Hello,

I have one query, we are usig some jar libraries in our application, as ProActive wants methods called on AO to be Serialized, I am facing NotSerialsed exception below:

NFE[LOCAL]: SendRequestCommunicationException: Exception occured in reifyAsSynchronous while sending request for methodcall = performEventSetPacket: NotSerializableException: java.lang.ThreadLocal
    at org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.proxy.AbstractBodyProxy.reifyAsSynchronous(AbstractBodyProxy.java:227)
    at org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.proxy.AbstractBodyProxy.reify(AbstractBodyProxy.java:124)

We don't have these libraries source code, so what should we do to make it serialised? Or do you have any other approach to this.

Hope to see your reply soon.

Thanks and Regards
Hamid Mahmood