Mail Archive Home | proactive List | November 2005 Index

Marshalling Exception: Forgot to upload files

Hello,

I am using Avalon Framework Component from Apache with my application. I want to pass a avalon component as parameter to AO method but it gives exception for marshalling. Avalon Component is created by implementing a Interface (so its not primitive types). I have tried everyway to pass this component (including make a wrapper class with an attribute in it as that component and pass it to the method, used Vector, Object and even Hashtable class), but every time it gives exception as follows:

FE[LOCAL]: SendRequestCommunicationException: Exception occured in reifyAsSynchronous while sending request for methodcall = performFunction: MarshalException: error marshalling arguments; nested exception is: java.io.NotSerializableException: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader: NotSerializableException: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader at org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.proxy.AbstractBodyProxy.reifyAsSynchronous(AbstractBodyProxy.java:227) at org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.proxy.AbstractBodyProxy.reify(AbstractBodyProxy.java:124) at pa.stub.com.swissre.rag.rating.v20.processes.Stub_AOController.performEventSetPacket(<generated>)
at com.swissre.rag.rating.v20.processes.Rate.run0(Rate.java:669)
at com.swissre.rag.rating.v20.processes.Rate.run(Rate.java:422)
at com.swissre.rag.ticket.v20.services.processses.AbstractCatosProcess$Worker.run(AbstractCatosProcess.java:84) Caused by: java.rmi.MarshalException: error marshalling arguments; nested exception is:
java.io.NotSerializableException: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader
at org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.rmi.RmiRemoteBodyImpl_Stub.receiveRequest(Unknown Source)

If I pass simple Hashtable it works fine, but when I pass that avalon component then I get this error. Can you help me in this regard.

Attached are snippets of code, For University rules, I cannot send full program.

Hope to see your reply soon.
Thanks and Regards
Hamid Mahmood