Mail Archive Home | proactive List | November 2005 Index

Re: [proactive] Marshalling Exception: Forgot to upload files

Just a tips of a new ProActive feature:

Since ProActive v3.0 (the last one), we introduce new static methods to activate a set (not a group) of active objects: *** newActiveInParallel *** These methods are located in the ProActive class.

Instead using a loop for creating similar active objects, like that:

                        for(int is = 0; i < nodes.length ; i++)
                        {
activeObjectsArray[i] = (AO) ProActive.newActive("AO", params, nodes[i]);
                        }

It is preferable to use

AO[] activeObjectsArray = (AO[]) ProActive.newActiveInParallel("AO", params, nodes);

or

AO[] activeObjectsArray = (AO[])ProActive.newActiveInParallel("AO", arrayOfParams, nodes);

These methods use a pool of threads for a faster active objects creation.

For more information, please take a look to the ProActive class javadoc:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/oasis/ProActive/doc/api/org/objectweb/ proactive/ProActive.html

Alexandre