Mail Archive Home | proactive List | November 2005 Index

Re: [proactive]

Hello Hamid,

We are not able to reproduce the error that you reported.

I did a search on every file of Java1.5, ProActive and Avalon (from Apache's cvs), and could not find anywhere the string "toolkit_en_US", so we don't know where this comes from. Moreover, as far as I know, we have never seen this kind of error before. Note however that "toolkit_en_US" is probably related to internationalization customization.

To give you some background, here is what is happening: there is a request for automatic classloading from a remote active object, which is missing some classes (for instance during deserialization). This is the standard mechanism for RMI, which looks for classes via http in a remote class file server. Such a class file server is provided in each ProActive runtime, and the log that you get originates from there. In your case, the "toolkit_en_US" is requested, but it is neither a class found the classpath, nor the name of a ProActive stub class, therefore you get a ClassNotFoundError exception.

When you encounter this error, is it simply logged and then the program continues is normal execution, or does your program actually fail?

Which versions of Java and Avalon are you using?

Regards,

Matthieu

PS : please don't forget to add a subject to you messages on this mailing list