Mail Archive Home | proactive List | April 2006 Index

Re: [proactive] problem between ProActive and Jini/JavaSpaces

Hi Sebastien,
I have downloaded the jsk-platform.jar and added it to my classpath as you did.
You are right, once this jar was in my classpath I ran into problems and got the same exception stack trace.

Obviously, the problem comes from the jsk-platform.jar which provides its own class loader mechanism using http protocol.
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.rmi.RemoteBodyImpl_Stub
(could not determine preferred setting; original codebase: "
http://193.48.224.76:2010/")
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassProvider.loadClass(PreferredClassProvider.java:580)
        at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(RMIClassLoader.java:247)
        at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(MarshalInputStream.java:197)

ProActive uses rmi protocol to load the org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.rmi.RemoteBodyImpl_Stub (ProActive builds and url starting with rmi:// ...)
so the http jini loader is unable to parse this url and is unable to load the RemoteBodyImpl_Stub.
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Indefinite http response for preferred list request:Malformed Request Line,
expected a path to a .class file: GET /META-INF/PREFERRED.LIST HTTP/1.1
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.getPreferredConnection(PreferredClassLoader.java:677)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.getPreferredInputStream(PreferredClassLoader.java:541)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.initializePreferredResources(PreferredClassLoader.java:482)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.isPreferredResource0(PreferredClassLoader.java:760)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.access$100(PreferredClassLoader.java:226)

I do not know why the jsk-platform.jar class loader mechanism is used instead of ProActive's one. ProActive used the standard RMI dynamic class loading by default.
I'm doing further research and keep you inform.
Cheers,
Marc

BEZZINE Sebastien a écrit :
Hello,

when we launch program Hello and HelloClient, supplied with ProActive and no modified, all work well,
but when we put the file jar : jsk-platform.jar (Jini 2.1) in the computer's classpath, we have this message :

launch Hello :

 --> This ClassFileServer is reading resources from classpath
Jini enabled
Ibis disabled
Created a new registry on port 1099
//sh00.metz.supelec.fr/Node144643127 successfully bound in registry at //sh00.metz.supelec.fr/Node144643127
Generating class : pa.stub.org.objectweb.proactive.examples.hello.Stub_Hello
Success at binding url //sh00.metz.supelec.fr/Hello

launch HelloClient //localhost/Hello (same machine) :

Using server located on //sh00.metz.supelec.fr/Hello
 --> This ClassFileServer is reading resources from classpath
Jini enabled
Ibis disabled
Could not reach/create server object
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.rmi.RemoteBodyImpl_Stub
        (could not determine preferred setting; original codebase: "
http://193.48.224.76:2010/")
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:84)
        at org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.rmi.RemoteBodyAdapter.lookup(RemoteBodyAdapter.java:196)
        at org.objectweb.proactive.ProActive.lookupActive(ProActive.java:727)
        at org.objectweb.proactive.examples.hello.HelloClient.main(HelloClient.java:50)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.objectweb.proactive.core.body.rmi.RemoteBodyImpl_Stub
(could not determine preferred setting; original codebase: "
http://193.48.224.76:2010/")
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassProvider.loadClass(PreferredClassProvider.java:580)
        at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(RMIClassLoader.java:247)
        at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(MarshalInputStream.java:197)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1538)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1460)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1693)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1299)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:339)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Indefinite http response for preferred list request:Malformed Request Line,
expected a path to a .class file: GET /META-INF/PREFERRED.LIST HTTP/1.1
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.getPreferredConnection(PreferredClassLoader.java:677)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.getPreferredInputStream(PreferredClassLoader.java:541)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.initializePreferredResources(PreferredClassLoader.java:482)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.isPreferredResource0(PreferredClassLoader.java:760)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.access$100(PreferredClassLoader.java:226)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader$3.run(PreferredClassLoader.java:742)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassLoader.isPreferredResource(PreferredClassLoader.java:739)
        at net.jini.loader.pref.PreferredClassProvider.loadClass(PreferredClassProvider.java:576)
        ... 12 more

computer's classpath :

export PATH=.:$HOME/ProActive/scripts/unix:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin:/usr/bin:$P
ATH
export MC1PATH=$HOME/testapplication/classes
export JiniHOME=/usr/java/Jini2_1/lib
export DISPLAY=dev4:0
export CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/lib/tools.jar:$HOME/ProActive/ProActive
.jar:$HOME/ProActive/lib/asm.jar:$HOME/ProActive/lib/log4j.jar:$HOME/ProActive/l
ib/xercesImpl.jar:$HOME/ProActive/lib/components/fractal.jar:$HOME/ProActive/lib
/bouncycastle.jar:$HOME/mysql-connector-java.jar:$JiniHOME/jini-ext.jar:$JiniHOM
E/sun-util.jar:$JiniHOME/jsk-platform.jar:$MC1PATH
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06

Thanks.

Best regards.

Sébastien.