Mail Archive Home | proactive List | April 2006 Index

security policies

Hello all,

I am trying to run my ProActive application in an environment which has
various security restrictions. I can't use the policy file delivered with
ProActive but I can somewhat edit the policies that are in place.
Now, looking at the proactive.java.policy file as distributed with
ProActive, it looks exactly like this:

============= BEGIN proactive.java.policy
======================================
grant {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;

  // Reflect access private Members
  // Used by:
  //         -Unicore Process
  permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "accessDeclaredMembers";
  permission java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks";
};
============= END proactive.java.policy
======================================

Given the AllPermission is granted, I wonder if the other two permissions
are necessary and if they make a difference? I haven't had a situation
where commenting them out made a difference.

Anyway, my main question is: can you be more specific about which
permissions ProActive actually needs? Granting AllPermissions is not
allowed on one of our target environments so I was hoping it's possible to
define a minimal set of permissions needed so I can see if those are
allowed. Or does it really require all permissions?

with kindest regards & thanks in advance,
Ward Van Looy

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may contain
information which is protected by intellectual property rights. If you
are not the addressee named above any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
This e-mail does not contain any professional advice and does not
constitute an offer regarding any financial, banking, insurance or other
product service toward the addressee. If you like to obtain specific
information, professional advice, an offer, or want to contract you have
to contact the KBC company mentioned above, its branch or agent.
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not
message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by
the user, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.