Mail Archive Home | proactive List | April 2006 Index

Re: Monitoring the Futures: Monitoring Active Objets to detect futures that will stay awaited forever

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:03:18 +0200
Guillaume Chazarain <Guillaume.Chazarain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Denis Caromel a écrit :
> > Please send us suggestions and comments,
> Another solution might be to generalize Alexandre's solution to
> the whole ProActive stack. The waitFor() and waitForAny() methods
> would be rewritten to periodically poll the object, like this:
> while (!futureUpdated() && !objectHasProblem()) {
>     wait(MIN(timeout, CONSTANT_DELAY));
> }
>
> Pro: Transparent "fault tolerance"
> Con: Network overhead.
Well, if we are still able to do a good old wait without overhead, this
method also seems OK, provided wait(...) is interrupted upon the reception
of futureUpdated()