Mail Archive Home | proactive List | April 2006 Index

SVN access to ProActive repository

Hi,

For the time being, I am using the stable release of ProActive for my tests,
updating directly the sources when required.
Anyway, in order to get an up-to-date snapshot of ProActive, I want to setup
the access to the SVN repository, also if there is a way to contribute in the
future, who knows :), that would be helpful.

I'm using Eclipse 3.1.0, thinking about upgrading to Eclipse 3.2, and the
Subclipse 1.0.1 plugin for SVN access from Eclipse. I loaded the plugin from
the archived site (zip file from the site).
Declaring the repository url as
svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/proactive/trunk/ProActive and the repository
root url as svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/proactive, I cannot succeed in
checking out the repository. I'm quite new using SVN and I don't see yet
what's wrong in the configuration I've setup. I get the following error:

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
svn: Can't connect to host 'scm.gforge.inria.fr': No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it."

I'm residing behind a firewall but this doesn't seem to be the cause since
the target machine refuse the access. Should I get granted the authorization
to access the repository for a simple check-out ? Should I be declared
somewhere as an authorized user ? Do you have a link page or a data sheet
about such configuration details using Eclipse (I guess you use an IDE in
your daily work) ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards
Xavier