        From: Chris Custine [mailto:chris.custine@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: 2004-9-22 (星期三) 22:07
        To: shark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: [shark] can we user hibernater in shark 1.0 release?

        I am sure this has been asked already so forgive me if this is flame
        bait.  I am totally unfamiliar with DODS, but is there any particular
        reason why you would not use a more widely used and accepted
        technology like Hibernate for persistence?  I understand that it is
        probably a mostly political decision, but the question has occured to
        me several times so I just thought I would ask.

        Chris

        On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:49:07 +0200, Vladislav Pernin
        <vladislav.pernin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > No you can't because the contribution hasn't been maintened and I
do not have
        > time to do it. The code has been written to be understandable by
people that
        > use Shark. What I mean is : if people are able to understand the
dods layers,
        > with a minimum knowledge of Hibernate, they should be able to
understand and
        > maintain the hibernate layers.
        >
        > For sure, possible contributor would have to learn Hibernate and
Shark concept