Mail Archive Home | shark List | January 2005 Index

Re: [shark] deletion of a large number of closed instances

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 17:17, AR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the right configuration to delete a large number of closed
> processes?
>
> I raised some configuration-values, but the system crashes again and
> again.
> It is the same if use the admin interface or the API (probably the
> same commands).
>
> I want to delete aboot 300 instances, but I see no chance.
>
> Thanks, Axel
>
> exception stack:
> 2005-01-26 16:46:16,140: DODSLockMaster
> org.enhydra.shark.api.RootException: Timeout expired waiting on
> 9324_Axels_Schleife
>     at
> org.enhydra.shark.processlocking.DODSLockMaster.lock(DODSLockMaster.java:132)
>     at
> org.enhydra.shark.processlocking.DODSLockMaster.lock(DODSLockMaster.java:155)
>     at org.enhydra.shark.SharkUtilities.lock(SharkUtilities.java:406)
>     at org.enhydra.shark.SharkUtilities.getProcess(SharkUtilities.java:777)
>     at
> org.enhydra.shark.WfProcessWrapper.getProcessImpl(WfProcessWrapper.java:1714)
>     at org.enhydra.shark.WfProcessWrapper.state(WfProcessWrapper.java:769)
>     at org.enhydra.shark.WfProcessWrapper.state(WfProcessWrapper.java:744)
>     at
> org.enhydra.shark.swingclient.workflowadmin.EngineTreeModel.updateProcesses(EngineTreeModel.java:365)

In next CVS update interface ExecutionAdministration will have new
deleteClosedProcesses method, which addresses this problem (normally
happens in multi-threaded environment).

   /**
    * Deletes from instance DB all closed processes.
    *
    * @param    procPerTrans number of processes to delete per transaction
    * @param    failures2ignore number of delete failures to ignore
    * @throws   BaseException If something unexpected happens.
    * @throws   NotConnected If user wasn't connected (the connect() wasn't
called or authentication failed).
    * @return   array of process ids failed to delete
    */
   String[] deleteClosedProcesses (int procPerTrans, int failures2ignore)
throws BaseException, NotConnected;

regards
--
Vladimir Puskas