Mail Archive Home | shark List | January 2005 Index

Re: [shark] Accessing process variales via activity tools

Hi,

since we see that there are many use cases where one wants to use process
context in (re)evaluating activity Deadlines (your and Ben
Anderson's use case), and we think it is useful, we'll provide configuration
parameter for shark kernel. This parameter will tell
kernel to use activity or process context while re-evaluating deadlines, and
it'll be included the next CVS update.

In current version, you can setup shark to re-evaluate deadlines or not (in
latter case, it evaluates deadlines ones when the
activity is created, and stores the information in DB). When the deadline
re-evaluation happens, shark uses activity context
variables, so currently if you change activity context before second deadline
re-evaluation happens, it should reflect the
calculation of deadline limit time.

If you use circular transition, every time the new instance of activity is
created.