Mail Archive Home | shark List | January 2005 Index

Re: [shark] Accessing process variales via activity tools

Thanks very much for you response.

Regards,

--Alfred

On Jan 31, 2005, at 5:06 AM, Sasa Bojanic wrote:

Hi,

since we see that there are many use cases where one wants to use process context in (re)evaluating activity Deadlines (your and Ben Anderson's use case), and we think it is useful, we'll provide configuration parameter for shark kernel. This parameter will tell kernel to use activity or process context while re-evaluating deadlines, and it'll be included the next CVS update.

In current version, you can setup shark to re-evaluate deadlines or not (in latter case, it evaluates deadlines ones when the activity is created, and stores the information in DB). When the deadline re-evaluation happens, shark uses activity context variables, so currently if you change activity context before second deadline re-evaluation happens, it should reflect the
calculation of deadline limit time.

If you use circular transition, every time the new instance of activity is created.