Mail Archive Home | shark List | May 2005 Index

Re: [shark] oracle problem...getting closer

another update
The package is now loading!  I'm running into another problem with my
test, but hopefully it's unrelated to oracle.  I think I finally
grasped how shark uses dods, so I did kind of go around in a rathole
with my previous explanation.  I think the only thing that needed to
be changed (and perhaps this is usually the case, but I may have
messed with my configurations to much):

Shark.conf needs
DatabaseManager.DB.sharkdb.ClassType=Oracle

also, I'm not sure what the cause of this is, but for some reason this
section in OracleConf.xml:
        <oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver>
        </oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver>
needs to be:
        <oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver>
        </oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver>
ideally whatever is causing this key lookup needs to change, but I
haven't gotten that far yet.

Cheers,
Ben