Mail Archive Home | shark List | June 2006 Index

Newbye question : Enhydra Shark X Enhydra Server (what's the difference)

Hello all,

I have downloaded the Enhydra Shark but i didn't get to launch the Workflow
Server (i think that i am mistaken about the concept) , as i thought that
this tool will be. I'm a little confuse about the differences about two
tools.
I have some questions:

- Is the Enhydra Shark a Workflow Server or only a framework to start using
wfmc workflow specification embeded in my application?

- Is possible to keep the Enhydra Shark engine Alive ? In positive case, is
the Admin Swing the Server start tool ?

- I need of the Enhydra Server together with Enhydra Shark to execute my
workflow application (to simulate a workflow interoperate setting using
wf-xml) ?

- When I start Enhydra Shark (runSA), am i using a workflow server embed in
admin swing application ? In positive case, how to use it to manipulate my
application  ?

- Is there some picture describing the interaction between applications and
the workflow engine ? I think that i didn't understand the concept it and
visualize the interaction in the cenary is more simple.

Sorry english is not first language.

Thanks in advance.

Gilson