Mail Archive Home | shark List | June 2006 Index

AW: Integration of Shark/JaWE in Mandriva Corporate Server

Hi Francois !

Thanks for the info. Very good news :-)

The notice is really VERY short and we have a workshop with a customer in
Vienna for their Shark integration next week. So we will not be able to come
next week. But I want to assure that we will support this task...

Let me give you a short view on the current project status:

1) JaWE

JaWE 2.04 is the current stable version. We are working on:

A layout algorithm (respecting "swimlanes") instead of the usage of
proprietary XPDL extended attributes
A "Shark" specific configuration supporting Sharks view of XPDL

 for version 2.1 about end of summer.

2) Shark

Shark 2.0 Beta 2 is available since some days. Shark 2 corrects a lot of
issues of version 1:

No "locking" of process objects, optimistic concurrency in the kernel
delegated to the persistence layer
Exception injection on the client API for exception transitions
Fully based on JTA transaction support (instead of old Shark/DODS
transactions)
Full implementation of the WfMC client API, support for stateless EJN session
beans
Time profiling now possible for DODS instance persistence layer
Improved ActivityFilterBuilder and AssignmentFilterBuilder APIs
Extended internal plug-in APIs
Improved datamodel for process variable persistence
Support for multivalued process variables
Added client API for XPDL browsing
ORDER BY support for the Filter API
Restructuring in the plug-in APIs
Introduced time profiler for measuring time spent inside shark methods
"automatic start"/"manual finish" mode combination allowed
ToolAgent loader and Scheduler tool agent are enhanced
Many bug fixes

We are currently working on:

Support for "schema" type variables
Improvement of the architecture in the
Assignment/UserGroup/ParticipantMapping area
Corba/EJB/Webservice wrappers
A configurable XHTML/XForms worklist client

We expect to have Shark 2.0 final in approximately Septermber 2006.

Hope this helps.

Alfred