Mail Archive Home | xmlc List | May 2000 Index

Rocks: some XMLC ideas

Mark -

Thanks for the comments -

The server-side include requirements that I'm seeing is being able to perform
a server-side include
from a dynamic po - where the file to be included is a relative url.  It
can't be resolved at
compile time since this is being served as an apache virtual host and so is
itself somewhat of a relative page,
so the included file could resolve to different absolute urls at run-time.

Are there architectural problems in achieving this via a http request - is
that what you are saying
below - that we don't have a url at this point from which to derive an
absolute location?  And so once we
get into the http request that we've lost the ability to get an absolute
location since we don't have an
absolute url to work from?

I could also envision the usefulness of being able to include a po - which
also couldn't be
resolved at compile time.

- Beth