Mail Archive Home | xmlc List | September 2006 Index

Re: [xmlc] Re: [enhydra] java.lang.StackOverflowError (on too many 'else if' statements) [SOLVED?]

Ok, Here's pretty much the final code (though I have to take care of a couple other code paths related to these changes before I check in). I decided to leave it in the generated class because the substring code is obtained from the ElementInfo class, which is part of the org.enhydra.xmlc.compiler package and it just doesn't seem right to add a dependency like that to the XMLObjectImpl class. It probably wouldn't do much harm since it's all in the same jar, but I just feel the compiler really should be separated from the runtime stuff. Anyway, here's the code...

    /**
     * Called Recursively to set access method fields from the DOM.
     * Missing Ids have fields set to null.
     */
    protected void syncWithDocument(Node node) {
        if (node.getNodeType() != Node.ELEMENT_NODE) return;
        if (!((Element)node).hasAttribute("id")) return;
        String id = ((Element)node).getAttribute("id");
        if (id.trim().length() == 0) return;
String fName = "$element_" + id.substring(0, 1).toUpperCase() + id.substring(1);
        try {
java.lang.reflect.Field f = this.getClass().getDeclaredField(fName);
            f.set(this, node);
        } catch (NoSuchFieldException nsfe) {
        } catch (Exception e) {
throw new org.enhydra.xml.xmlc.XMLCRuntimeException("Error reflecting on element access fields", e);
        }
    }

Anyone see a problem here?  Any optimizations?

BTW, Petr, It turns out that the substring code works just fine for single character Id's and I just added a test for empty string Id's the line before I attempt the substring stuff. I simply return if the Id value is empty. It all works quite nicely.

Jake